Manually Re-set Chains

GroundControl 2022

Go to “Actions->Calibrate” and follow the onscreen directions to reset your chains.
After completing steps 1-2-3 and skipping steps 4-5, click “Looks Good.”

WebControl

Go to “Actions->Set Sprockets & Chains”. Rotate the sprockets until they are set vertical, and press “Define Zero”. Next place the first link of each chain on the left and right sprockets respectively and press “Extend Left to 1651 mm”, wait until it stops and do the right side “Extend Right to 1651 mm” after it stops extending, press “close” go back to “Actions->Reset Chains” and click on “I Have Manually Reset Both Chains…” and “Close”

4 Likes

Hi
It was advised on Facebook that marking the top links on each chain (during initial calibration) might speed up resetting the chains if necessary, but I don’t find any mention of this in your post.
Are these marks no longer useful?

In my previous post, I explained how to reset them the “normal” way, which works for all kits. Marking the chains does indeed make resetting them a bit faster (by a couple minutes). It allows one to bypass the system’s automated chain-extension step.

Here is how you re-set your chains with marked links.

GroundControl 2022

Go to “Actions->Calibrate” and use the buttons to turn both sprockets in either direction. The objective is to put each sprocket so that one tooth faces upward in the 12:00 o’clock position (pick any tooth). Install both chains placing the marked link in the 12:00 position, then press “Quit”. Next, go to “Actions->Advanced” and press “Set Chain Length - Manual”. That’s it!

WebControl

Go to “Actions->Reset Chains” and use the buttons to turn both sprockets in either direction. The objective is to put each sprocket so that one tooth faces upward in the 12:00 o’clock position (pick any tooth), Install both chains placing the marked link in the 12:00 position then press “Chains Manually Reset with Marked”.
That’s it!

5 Likes

Wow! You not only helped me understand what the marks are for but also what to do if I ever replace the chains or the marks fade out.

Thank you very much for the detailed write-up.

1 Like