Webcontrol random issues

Hi everyone
I’ve been trying in vain to get my Maslow CNC to work with WebControl. I managed to install it and get it working, but I am stuck at the calibration stage. The sled seems to move arbitrarily in any direction at any moment, and rebooting the Raspberry Pi makes no difference. I’m also getting the alarm “Sled can’t keep up” when it decides to move like it should.
Has this happened to anyone else?
I would appreciate any assistance.

I would suggest you download the latest release from the original Webcontrol repository and try again

If the wireless functionality isn’t a deal breaker for you, I would recommend upgrading to GroundControl_2022, which is 100% stable, has additional features, and will speed up your cuts by 200%.

Oh, i see. I’ll try installing that firmware and see if that helps. I’ve been pulling my hair out over this.
I not need wifi, but I like the webUI more
Is it possible to use WC to speed up my machine? How does GroundControl_2022 speed up the cutting process?

You need to use EBS ‘Ground-Control-2022’ in conjunction with their ‘firmware_v3.0’

Also, make sure you have the East Bay control board or their earlier version (TLE5206 v1.4), as it won’t work with low-power control boards from other vendors

You could try tweaking the Max Feedrate settings in WC to see if it speeds up, but an East Bay shield and firmware is required.

I prioritize functionality and stability over UI aesthetics. Maslow is a tool to me, and as long as it cuts what it’s instructed to cut as quickly as possible, there’s nothing else beyond that, but to each their own :slight_smile:
Perhaps the original WC is more stable than the one you have

For the time being, I’m tired of playing with WC. I got rid of the Pi, installed GC 2022 and ordered a control board from East Bay, hopefully, it will come before the weekend :crossed_fingers:

In the future, I might give it another go, but for now, I need it to work, so i am sticking with what has been proven to work. Also, the faster cutting speeds make up for the appearance :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out